I am a business writer, copy editor and proofreader based in Wellington, New Zealand. I’m an Accredited Editor of the Institute of Professional Editors with a postgraduate editing and proofreading qualification from Whitireia New Zealand.
I have 25 years of writing and editing experience in the public and not-for-profit sectors and a background in international aid and development. Working for Voluntary Service Overseas, the United Nations and New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, my career has taken me to Africa, South East Asia, the Pacific and New Zealand.
Writing and copy editing experience
To every writing and editing project I bring:
- experience of the public sector
- experience of the not-for-profit sector
- experience managing programmes, projects and large budgets
- experience preparing and assessing funding proposals
- experience managing teams
- experience working with people around the world.
I have written or edited a wide variety of documents including:
- detailed business cases
- strategic and operational plans
- internal and external reports
- concept papers and design documents
- funding proposals
- results and logical frameworks
- evaluations and research reports
- terms of reference
- contracts and grant arrangements
- case studies
- policy papers.
- Accredited editor, Institute of Professional Editors (Australia)
- Postgraduate certificate in editing and proofreading, Whitireia New Zealand
- Accredited executive coach, Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership (Australia)
- MSc in finance, University of Leicester (UK)
- Postgraduate certificate in management, Open University (UK)
- National Vocational Qualification in teaching, training and development (UK)
- BA in psychology, University of Durham (UK)
Find out more about my background from LinkedIn